Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tokyo Adventure- Day 2



What a treat to have such a delightful host as Takeshi and the Drum Circle Facilitator's group. After a rainy start to the day, I was happy not to do too much today as I wanted to get over my jet lag (I wake up promptly at 3am), so my host Tak took me to an udon noodle place, I suppose the Japanese equivilent to a comfort food. Perfect for me, with miso broth, wonderful noodles and veggies and tempura shrimp. Then we headed over to the western part of Tokyo to the location of the weekend conference- Drum Circles Facilitation for teachers. After checking into the hotel I met the rest of the team that would host this conference for dinner at a lovely little traditional style restaurant. The meal included all kinds of sushi, sashimi, and all sorts of unidentifiable things.
We talked about our work and the conference and then, it seems this place had a "two hour" rule and you couldn't linger- so we had to find another place to go as we still had an hour to wait until we could get into our workshop site and set up.

So guess where we went? Kentucky Fried Chicken, of course! How funny is that? And everyone seemed to get food again and we sat there and ate again. So here is the group at the Japanese version of KFC. It seems we Americans just can't escape ourselves between the worldwide epidemic of Mcdonald's, KFC, Mister Donut (that's what I see here) and more. We certainly have made our mark in the world!

No comments: