Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Henna Party and Farewell to Morocco!



Our final afternoon in Morocco was spent with Grandma in Marrekech for a ritual girl henna party. Grandma cooked up her own henna and as you can see from our pictures, painted us up real nice with thick paste like designs on our hands and feet. We were unable to do anything for ourselves (except sip tea) for hours as the henna set. Later that night on the airplane to London, the crusty henna began to flake off and reveal what some say later looked from a distance like a rare disease or bad burn- we love our lingering memory of Grandma and Morocco that still lives on our hands and ankles.

4 comments:

Erin said...

WOW!!! Looks so amazing, what an experience. Glad to see all has gone well. When do you get home...
Love and Hugs,
Erin, Ryan, Reed & Abigail

mkemusic said...

Hi Erin,
we get home around May 20th!

myra said...

Hi, you are lucky I was married in morocco and when I had the hana I was covered on both hands and arms and feet and legs had to set for hours with cotton and gauze on my hands and feet lol my husband had to fed me and give me my tea. It then took his sisters about 30 mins to wash all the hana off my feet and hands and just leave the stain.
The Moroccan people are so fun and loving I hated to leave and come home.lol I am so glade you had a great time there.
myra

myra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.